“I would NEVER use a coupon, what good does 50 cents off a 6 dollar bottle of shampoo do me any how?”
I cannot tell you how many people I have helped with their budget who have fed me some sort of line like this before. Shortly followed up with
“I don’t have the time to clip coupons or the patience to figure out how to buy 10 carts of shit for free”. Well okay, Sir, neither do I, on both counts.
To answer all three of those commonly spouted virtual nonsense:
- You would be surprised at how much of a difference .50 cents off a 6 dollar bottle of shampoo makes. Especially if you follow some simple steps and advice. My simple steps and advice. I will also show you the things you can do with that extra 50 cents.
- I Never said you had to spend hours clipping coupons. There are apps for that, many apps for that and I will link some #NotSponsered #ButWouldn’tThatBeNice? #PLEASESPONSOR. Haha ok ok I’m done, but for real, I will show you a few of the ones I use and maybe ones that will work for others that I just don’t like. I will also give you some fun tips on making clipping fast-ish and easy-ish
- I never said you would get 10 carts of stuff for free. I simply Said you would save a couple dollars. I am not an extreme couponer, nor will I ever be. I am a simple couponer, who wishes to pass on some information to those possibly struggling, or just wanting to save a buck or two. Maybe more.
This is the beauty of This series. I will Make this as painless as possible, each part listed both formerly and latter, will have their own post, and eventually all be linked up to this one. I was going to make this a “Money Matters Monday” only series but decided, Just now, to make a lot of the posts over this next week. I probably won’t be able to post EVERY day. They will be close enough that if you are dying to see what the next step and advice are, that you won’t have to wait too long if you are ready to go NOW. (ESPECIALLY WITH THESE FIRST THREE POINTS).
Some other things I will touching on in this series::
- Some paper coupon organizational techniques, (with a bias toward my own)
- Some other budgeting tips (including my own personal household budget as a Real life example).
- Random yet helpful updates, weekly on how my coupons and budget are treating me.
- “Money Matters Monday” updates to go along with what I am advising you on. Starting with, even though it is now actually Tuesday) my house hold budget for The month of September. It is NOT a dummy budget like I would normally use for this kind of post. I will however be changing (very obviously) some of the company names and what have you in the screen shots. The figures however, are very, VERY real. Yes this is actually different from number 3.
This will be a very fun project for me. and I Hope at the very least it helps at least one person.
Let’s get clippin!!!!!